Here's some helpful information from the Sunbrella web site...
General or Light Cleaning:
To clean Sunbrella while still on a boat, follow these simple steps:
- Brush off loose dirt.
- Hose down.
- Prepare a cleaning solution of water and mild soap such as Dri-Pak Liquid Soap Flakes 750ml
- Use a soft bristle brush to clean.
- Allow cleaning solution to soak into the fabric.
- Rinse thoroughly until all soap residue is removed.
- Air dry.
- May not require re-treatment depending on the age of the fabric.
Heavy Cleaning for Stubborn Stains and Mildew:
Sunbrella fabrics do not promote mildew growth, however, mildew may grow on dirt and other foreign substances that are not removed from the fabric.
To clean stubborn stains:
- Prepare a solution of 1 cup bleach and 1/4 cup of mild soap per gallon of clean water.
- Soak affected area in solution for 15 minutes.
- Blot stain with a sponge or clean towel. (Note: This step should be avoided when cleaning the coated side (Back side) of Sunbrella Plus, Supreme, or Clarity.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue.
- Air dry.
Note: Use caution when cleaning the coated (underside) of Sunbrella Plus, Supreme, or Clarity with the recommended bleach solution. The coated side of the fabric should only be sprayed with the recommended bleach solution and rinsed thoroughly.
Remember to protect the area around your Sunbrella fabric if using a bleach solution. Carpet or other fabrics that are not Sunbrella may have an adverse reaction to the bleach.
View the Sunbrella fabric Stain chart.